Thursday 10 November 2011

This week I'm loving...

Maroon 5's latest single Moves Like Jagger. Makes me bounce around the room.

The fact that my son who will be 4 in a few months still sleeps for two hours in the afternoon. Amazing, I know. And I'm sooooo grateful. Because when the-one-with-an aversion-to-a-well-rested-mummy does sleep, it means I can catch up on some zzzzz...

Air-con in my house. It's stinking hot, sticky and the air is thick with flies out there. But, aaahhhh, it's lovely in here.

My garden! I've already picked sprigs of thyme for a delicious beef and carrot one-pot; a bunch of basil and oregano for pizza, and mint for a divine feta salad to go with our duck last night. It's wonderful to have my own herb garden finally.
Browing onions and carrots before adding tender sprigs of thyme
I 'hid' the basil and oregano in a tomato sauce. Number 1 son isn't too keen on seeing anything leafy in his food.

The basil is growing out of control, those tiny tomato seedlings that I thought would take months to grow already have flowers, and it looks like we'll be having home-grown salad leaves this weekend! Pics to follow in the next post!

What are you grateful for this week?

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping over. I'd love to hear from you. Even if it's just to say hello.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.