Monday 14 November 2011

Muffins for lunch

It's Saturday morning and it's already too late to make bread in time for our lunch (the boys often have lunch around 11.30, even with morning tea!).

Besides, I'm bored with the usual lunch options.

I suddenly remember my lovely friend Tracey making savoury sausage muffins for the kids' lunch one afternoon when Luca and I went back to the UK last year. Delicious, and they came in neat little packages for the kids to unravel, plus they looked a doddle to make.

I didn't have any sausages – what am I saying? I don't buy sausages, so it's pretty unlikely for any to be lying around. Oh, how I long for a proper sausage.

But I did have courgettes, parmesan and lots (and lots) of basil in the garden.

So I made courgette (zucchini) muffins based on Hugh FW's recipe for courgette and pine nut muffins that I found in the Guardian.


Grating aside (usually puts me off recipes), it was quick and easy. And with oats, yoghurt and sultanas in the mix, it's definitely a muffin recipe I'll do again for the boys.

Kian tucked into the last two on Sunday. Wish I'd made a second batch now...

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping over. I'd love to hear from you. Even if it's just to say hello.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.