Tuesday 25 October 2011

Four seasons in two days

It was 32 degrees yesterday. My lettuces that I planted the day before burnt to a crisp. After the boys and I got in from an appointment in the morning, I did what my mum used to do in Egypt when we were kids: close all the windows and draw the curtains.

We're lucky to have air con, so on that went and then I stripped the boys.

Once they had cooled off (their tempers too), I hosed poor Sydney who was hot and bothered outside. Later that evening, the boys went to bed in nothing more than undies and a nappy.

Fast forward to the morning and the blue skies have turned to grey. It's wet, windy and, erm, fresh!

Fresh enough that when it was time for Sydney's walk, we had to dress for the occasion. I even regretted only wearing a cardigan over my t-shirt.
Luca was thrilled to have an excuse to take his umbrella out

Luca kept on at me to put my umbrella up (how exactly I was supposed to hold onto an umbrella, the buggy, Sydney's lead AND his hand, I don't know), but I loved the rain spitting on my face today.

All while Luca sang pitter patter rain is falling down.

I wonder what tomorrow will be like.

Vanessa
x

P.S. What do you think of my blog's new look? I'd love to know. Even if there's something you don't like, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping over. I'd love to hear from you. Even if it's just to say hello.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.